Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions are simple and fair, designed so that everyone knows exactly who is responsible for what. Upon placing a booking, you enter a binding contract with us. This includes agreeing and adhering to the following.
- All bookings must be made through Take me Home James Network UK Ltd. This allows us to work within the guidelines of the local licensing authority legislation.
- All bookings must be made with full disclosure of the number of adult and child passengers, number of child seats required, and any other special requirements. Failure to do so may result in an unsuitable vehicle being booked.
- All advance bookings must be made using our make a booking online form.
- All advance bookings (including airport transfers) require a 50% non-refundable deposit to be paid when booking your journey with us.
- All information entered into our online booking systems is the sole responsibility of the customer. Any booking made for the wrong date, day, or time, will be charged in full to the customer.
- All return journeys must be booked alongside the corresponding outward journey.
- Personal and business accounts are welcome, but are subject to a referencing procedure and bank credit checks.
- All VIP/security chauffeur bookings are to be made by prior communication. The contract rate will vary according to customer/client requirements.
- All same day and small parcel collection & delivery bookings are to be made by prior arrangement. The contract rate will vary according to customer/client requirements.
- All New Year’s Eve bookings must be made at 8 working days (Monday to Friday) before travel.
- Failure to notify us of a booking cancellation within 12 hours of the start time of aforementioned booking will result in the full contract fee being charged to the customer/client.
- All ‘local’ return journeys and airport runs must be paid in full on completion of the outward journey.
- We accept cash and debit/credit cards as recognised forms of payment. Your driver will issue an invoice/receipt on completion of your journey.
- The driver has the authority to request the agreed payment in full before setting off if he/she deems necessary.
- Shopping days, theatre trips, race days, wedding shuttles, and chauffeur services must be paid for at the time of booking.
- We will charge 5% compound interest per month on any outstanding unpaid invoice balances.
- Journeys made Monday to Friday between 6:00am and 5:59pm are charged at £3.00 per mile. Journeys made Monday to Friday between 6:00pm and 5:59am the following day are charged at £4.00 per mile.
- Journeys made Saturday 6:00am until 5:59am the following day are charged at £4.00 per mile.
- Journeys made Sunday 6:00am until 5:59am the following day are charged at £4.00 per mile.
- Journeys made between 6:00pm on the 24th December and 11:59pm on the 5th January will be charged at £8.00 per mile. For 5 – 8 passengers, the appropriate surcharge will be applied to the revised price.
- Journeys made on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, and Bank Holidays will be charged at £6.00 per mile. Each day qualifies as a 24 hour period between 6.00am and 5.59am the following day. For 5 – 8 passengers, the appropriate surcharge will be applied to the revised price.
- All journey charges include labour and travel time, including to your pick-up point and from your destination. This also includes any additional pick-up and drop-off points en-route.
- All longer journeys are priced subject to the customer’s/client’s requirements.
- Any waiting time incurred due to passenger lateness will be charged at £1.00 per minute past the agreed passenger pick-up time for the first 5 minutes. After the stated grace period, we are under no obligation to wait and will leave at our discretion in order to complete subsequent bookings on time.
- All parking and/or toll charges will be added to the final cost of the journey.
- All penalty charges incurred from a customer’s/client’s request for a driver to park a vehicle in an unauthorised area will result in the customer/client being billed for the total amount of the charge.
- We reserve the right to cover all labour costs, parking, and subsistence entitlement for our company and chauffeurs from our customers/clients.
- Drivers will ultimately decide whether or not it is safe to pick up a customer/client from any given location.
- We advise customers/clients to inform us of any known or potential delays to a journey, so that we may plan your journey accordingly. We will always strive to do the same.
- Any unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (or your control) will be discussed to a civil, amicable resolution. We cannot be held responsible for delays, diversions or adverse weather conditions that may add to your journey time.
- We will be flexible, allowing alternative routes to be considered, avoiding any delays where possible.
- All airport enquiries/bookings must be made via our online booking systems. Enquiries or bookings via email will not be acknowledged.
- All airport transfers are priced subject to the customer’s/client’s requirements.
- All airport parking costs will be charged to the customer/client.
- Airport pickups include a ‘meet and greet’ service, and is included in the price of your journey.
- Airport transfers are to be confirmed by email, with flight number, flight arrival/departure time and/or return pick-up details.
- Airport transfers can be paid in cash on the day of travel, or beforehand by bank transfer. If the customer/client has also booked a return journey, this must be paid for in advance.
- Incoming airport transfer delays will be charged to the customer/client at £25.00 per half hour (not including the first thirty minutes) past the scheduled arrival time.
- Our drivers will not tolerate customers/clients who project any inappropriate behaviour – either verbal or physical – while sober, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No food or drink (soft or alcoholic) is to be consumed or ingested in our vehicles.
- Smoking is not permitted in any vehicle.
- Any person found being sick in our vehicles will be liable for a £100 clean up fine.
- All passengers must comply with the current seatbelt law.
- Customers/clients are advised to check for traffic or other hazards before entering or exiting our vehicles, as all damage to our vehicles is chargeable to the customer/client.
- Accidental or deliberate damage to our vehicles is chargeable to the customer/client at the assessed and agreed insurance rate.
- Our Mercedes Vito Extra Long Traveliners can carry up to eight passengers. Any price quoted includes the transportation of up to eight suitcases.
- Our Mercedes S Classes can carry up to four passengers (or a maximum of two passengers if booked for an airport run/transfer). Any price quoted includes the transportation of up to two suitcases and hand luggage.
Our Commitment to You
- Your Vehicle will arrive clean (inside and out) and in full working order.
- Your driver will be dressed wearing the appropriate uniform.
- Your driver will be trained in basic First Aid, and carry a First Aid kit.
- Your driver will always obey the Highway Code, and drive appropriately to the road and weather conditions.
- We aim to provide a safe, pleasant, and above all premium service, knowing that quality is in every aspect of what we offer to you, our customer.
- Some people want a lot from a little. Take Me Home James insists on giving you long term value for money.
Last updated March 2015.